Monday, August 3, 2009

Before Start Your New Swiftlet House Project

Got a lot of my blog reader always asking me about the design of a bird house and the cost to build it. Actually all bird house is not same. It depend on few item that we need to do some test and verify first :-

1) Do the bird call test first.
- need to do for few time . Get the information about the qty of the bird, flying path of the bird and the size of the bird.
- From this test, you can design the size of the bird house you going to built.

2) Get the information of the nearest bird house.
- the qty of the bird insides.
- the design of the bird house.

3) Get the direction of the Sun and food source.
- will help you to reduce the temperatures.

4) the wing direction

5) surrounding area.

This is my basic data that i need before start a new project. Hope you can do the same and can help you to become a good and success farmer. My advise is do not built a big one, just built a small one first but remember, min is 15 X 40 feet.

2 comments:

IF said...

Hi WC,

I'm a new comer, kosong about BH.
Can you help me, I need more infor on what find out before starting to build a BH.

Infor given too brief, can tell me more.

1) Where can I get bird call test.
2) How best to know what size of BH is the best.
3) What type of food sources to look for.
4) Why the wind direction important, always change.
5) What type surrounding area important.

more more ????????
How Sifu can teach & help

TQVM

IF_BUKL

Wc Tan said...

1) You need to buy the call test or i can send you the sample sound so that u can try it.
2) Depend on the qty of your bird. For me, u can start with the size of 19 X 56 feet.
3) Food fly.
4) Depand on the wind is strong or not.
5) Got any high tree ???? Or open area.

Please email me for more detail
wc_tan2002@yahoo.com